Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday #8 -- Sweet Potato Addict

Am I already 8 weeks into WIAW?! Dang! I'm proud of myself for sticking to it! Haha.
But... Happy Wednesday! Can't believe it's Wednesday again already... These weeks have been flying by!

Besides the fact I already posted some of my recent eats in the past week, including pumpkin French toast, on-the-go oats, a big egg scramble, pancakes, and my first ever sweet potato, and Neapolitan pancakes, I have some even more recent eats to post for you all!

Thanks to Jenn for hosting this lovely event, like always!




6/21/12 - Snack: plain Greek yogurt with chopped fresh fruit, cinnamon, organic cereal, granola, and shredded coconut... One of my favorite sensible snacks!
6/22/12 - Snack: I was having very odd cravings, clearly... I had some apple slices with plain Greek yogurt, and four mini whole wheat toasts.
Hey... Sensible snack alert!
6/22/12 - Dinner: my usual Friday dinner looked prettier than it normally does! Whole wheat wrap "pizza" with a biiiiig salad! Mmmm... Soooo gooooood!
6/23/12 - Dinner: Subway! But, instead of getting a foot-long, I got a 6-inch BLT with nearly every topping (and no mayo!) and added salsa, and an oven-roasted chicken salad with lots of veggies. (They gave me A LOT of chicken, though, so I put one of them in the fridge and split the other with my puppy... Hehe.) This was a challenge for me, but I'm so proud of myself for it! Yay for intuitive eating! I missed bacon.
#junepowermealaday Day 23: "out to eat" -- technically this did qualify for today's challenge, since it was ordered-out food!
6/24/12 - Dinner: my favorite! Freshly grilled chicken (which I grilled and seasoned myself!) "rainbow" (as Kasey would call it) salad!
#junepowermealaday Day 24: "meal for 2"
6/26/12 - Breakfast: post-workout blue velvet protein pancakes and an egg white protein + veggie scramble. Heavenly. I just love breakfast foods!

What did I have for lunch yesterday? Well, another savory stuffed sweet potato, of course! Jenn got me SO addicted... But, I'm definitely not complaining!I can't wait to try out an actual sweet potato soon... (I've been too addicted to not make them savory, though!)

6/27/12 - Breakfast: I decided to try out oatmeal pancakes this morning... So, I decided to do another totally on-the-spot recipe! I added 2 tbsp of old fashioned whole grain oats with 1 tbsp + 1 tsp whole wheat flour to my batter, and oh my goodness... These were some of THE best pancakes I've ever had/made! I made them with mashed banana, a few mini chocolate chips/chocolate Goldfish crushed up, and natural peanut butter... And they tasted  literally exactly like chocolate chip banana bread... I will definitely be taking note of these and making them again soon (and in different variations)! They came out so fluffy and filling! Ah, soooo good! (And my egg white protein + veggie scramble was better than usual... I think it's because I added hot sauce and grilled chicken this time)

6/27/12 - Dinner: I ate out tonight for the first time in a LONG time... And it was a big challenge for me, but I did it, and I have no regrets, which is a great feeling! This was DELICIOUS... Even though I couldn't have more than 1/3 of the fries and about 2/3 of the sandwich because I started to feel sick halfway through (my stomach's not used to "unhealthy" or "processed" food of any kind... Ugh). It was totally worth it, though, and I plan on intuitively eating and "cheating" more often than once every few months! I'm finally ready for it.

Happy WIAW, everyone! Have a happy and positive day!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment