Wednesday, June 13, 2012

As We Go On, We Remember...

Well, yesterday was my last and final day of junior year… (Meaning I finally took my last final and it’s summer break now!)

Honestly, it's a pretty bittersweet filling! It’s SO weird to think about… I like summer and I like having off and all, but it's so hard to believe in 12 months, I'll be the one graduating. I'll be the one applying to colleges. I'll be the one growing up.
(Realistically, we grow up everyday. But, I mean, actually growing up!)

I literally do feel like it was yesterday that I was sitting in my third grade classroom, thinking about years to come... Thinking about having nine years of school left... I remember seeing students who had my same teacher years before me, coming in visiting, saying they were graduating that year...
Now, I'm one of those people.

I’ve learned A LOT this year, and I’ve gained A LOT, too… Not only academically, though. Between mid-sophomore year, and all throughout junior year, I learned more about myself than I've ever known before! I became what I never thought I'd ever in a million years be. I became confident. Through trial and error, through mistakes, through failure... I learned a lot. And, honestly, I’m finally pretty dang happy with myself and my appearance now! If you would have asked me this a year or two ago, I would have said I would never be confident. I would have said the most negative things about myself and my appearance. I never thought I’d be able to say that I would even have the slightest amount of confidence. Funny how things change, right?

I also discovered my complete love for health and fitness, as well! Which also came as such a surprise, being I literally despised every single vegetable aside from lettuce and the occasional cucumber up until March 2012... Along with despised exercise... And even the thought of exercise... up until the end of last year. I’m still learning, and I’m still recovering from bad habits I developed, but hey… Things will ONLY go up from here, and recovery is possible. I'm still learning, and I still have time to learn!

I'm really discovering who I want to someday be. I'm really loving the new confident, outgoing person I'm becoming. I may have been completely different in the past, but who is one to judge? I'm changing for the better... and I'm finally becoming me.

Positivity is key, my friends, and I will NEVER give up! I’m here to learn, to inspire, and to be. That's exactly what I plan on doing, too. There’s no point in worrying about or over-thinking every little thing! Life’s way too short, and time clearly flies. You’re never guaranteed a tomorrow, so make things easy for yourself, and enjoy EVERY moment you’re alive! I'm talking about EVERY. SINGLE. MOMENT! Be appreciative and positive, and just all smiles. BE SO HAPPY THAT YOU MAKE EVERYONE ELSE AROUND YOU HAPPY, TOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment