By that I mean foods my inner fat child would eat solely because it loves to eat... Foods not based on nutrition value, but on pleasure! Basically just what I would eat if calories, nutrition, my health and my body weren't an issue! My foodie guilty pleasures.
I really like the concept of this post; it's making me think back to my childhood favorites, and it's also giving me ideas for my next challenge/treat day/meal!
1. Oreos dipped in peanut butter... Any kind of peanut butter...
This was always my #1 favorite snack for the longest time. Honestly... I miss it!
2. Blueberry Muffin Tops cereal with vanilla almond milk
3. Applebee's mozzarella sticks
4. Reese's eggs
Somehow, even better and way more addictive than regular Reese's cups!
5. Take 5
6. Chili's sweet potato fries
7. Starbucks cream cheese-filled pumpkin muffins
8. White chocolate macadamia nut cookies... Preferably Pepperidge Farm
9. Dunkin' Donuts cream filled powdered donuts
11. Strawberry frosted Pop Tarts
... or maybe S'mores, warmed up in the microwave
12. Homemade Italian sausage meat pie
I could honestly go on forever... but I won't for your guys' sake (and mine, at this point)! Truthfully, I love healthy living! I love healthy foods, I do! But, I also love these foods in moderation. I no longer believe that a healthy lifestyle equals deprivation, or restriction of ANY food. Because that's not equivalent to a healthy lifestyle. That's equivalent to the beginning of an eating disorder.
- waffles with real butter and maple syrup... and maybe some peanut butter...
- BAGELS! Channeling my inner Jenn and saying ALL. THE. BAGELS! Preferably an everything with bacon, egg and cheese. And ketchup.
- froyo with loads and loads of toppings!
- Twix chocolate bars
- cinnamon rolls with frosting
- McDonald's french fries
- LITTLE DEBBIE COSMIC. FREAKIN'. BROWNIES.
Now, enjoy one of your absolute favorite foods for me this weekend, yes? Yes. I will CONQUER a "fear food" or two this weekend, in honor of this post.
What would YOUR 'dream' Neverland diet consist of? What's that ONE food you will NEVER, EVER give up?
**All photos are from Google images and/or Tumblr! I do not take credit for any of the pictures above.**