Friday, June 8, 2012

Better Late Than Never...?

I was up at 6:30 am and ready to leave by 7:00 am to go take 1 of my 3 finals at school!

I hurried to get dressed and do my hair... But I made sure I had some time to get my green tea fix! Then I head to school.

Today I had my Algebra II final, and I would definitely say it went well! I passed for the year, and not only that, but I got a B+ on my final exam! Even though I hadn't eaten prior (besides a few tsps of vanilla Chobani), I focused well and did way better than I expected!

After my exam, I head up to my English III classroom to drop off my textbook because I'm exempt from the English final this year. (Yay for straight A's in English!) I said goodbye to my teachers (aka the best teachers ever), then head to my mom's car!

We went tanning first, and then I finally came home and got to eat breakfast! Nearly four hours after I woke up, but, better late than never, right?

I like to experiment with different recipes every weekend at least, so I decided to turn one of my favorite oatmeal recipes into a new protein pancakes recipe for me and my mom!
Using my favorite protein powder (at the moment), of course!
Can you tell what flavor they were by the ingredients?! 
Yep, you guessed it! These were chocolate chip cookie dough protein pancakes... And boy, were they DELICIOUS! Not only were these high in protein and low in carbs, but they were also pretty low calorie for a batch of  4-5 generously sized pancakes per person!

I topped mine with my favorite pancake toppings -
A thin layer of natural peanut butter, vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt, sliced banana, shredded coconut, vanilla almond crunch granola, cinnamon, and of course a small drizzle of light maple syrup!
On the side, I made myself an egg white/egg substitute scramble containing some baby salad shrimp (they're so cute!), 1/2 a slice of lean turkey, broccoli, diced tomato, spinach, salsa, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and some nacho cheddar cheese powder!
And, of course, I had a mug of warm green tea with a splash of almond milk, coffee creamer, sweetener, and some cinnamon!  

It's safe to say I've had quite a productive morning thus far... And it's only 12:50 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment