Saturday, June 16, 2012

Aruba Blue in the S-Kylie

So, last night, me and my mom went to Rite Aid planning on getting just a few necessities...

Along with those necessities, we also ended up buying about $30 worth of nail polish.
Yes, $30 worth. Yes, we have a problem...

Considering I've now gotten 7 new nail polishes in less than a week, I think I won't be purchasing anymore for awhile...

Maybe...

But, moving on! I've heard YouTube beauty gurus rave about "Aruba Blue" by Essie, and I know Essie is an expensive brand, so I've never purchased anything by them... Until yesterday, of course!

Me and my mom are some of the biggest nail polish addicts, so literally every time we go to Rite Aid, we end up in the nail polish section! It's like we're just sucked in every time!

Well, I saw a display of Nicole by O.P.I and Essie while browsing. Ironically, they were right next to each other (and neither of them had prices), and neither of us have owned any O.P.I or Essie, mainly because of their more expensive prices... But, I seen "Aruba Blue" and "Rainbow in the S-Kylie" next to this topcoat that stuck out to me because of the box thing around it... (I've been absolutely in NEED of a new topcoat!), so I went and showed my mom while she was by the pharmacy. She instantly fell in love with the blue color, and decided to go back and look at the display with me...

She had seen a girl at our tanning salon wearing the color "Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam" (the darker blue-ish green-ish color), and she fell in love with it, but never knew where to really get any O.P.I polishes. (Rite Aid JUST got them.)

Long story short, we didn't exactly plan on buying any new nail polishes yesterday... Especially not any Essie or O.P.I polishes, but, we did! And, even though I had painted my nails on Thursday with a new Revlon polish I had bought -- "Mint Gelato" (scented)...
I was WAAAY too excited about my new polishes! So, I decided to wait until this morning to try them out!

First, I used "Aruba Blue" by Essie...
And I fell in love! My iPhone camera does not do this color justice at all. I recommend it for any and ALL blue lovers!

Then, I decided to have some fun and add two accent nails using "Rainbow in the S-Kylie"...
And I feel in love over again!!

I, of course, had to use my new topcoat after:
Which seems to be working just as good as it claims... (Besides on one spot on my right hand thumb nail! I put the glitter on too thick and a mini piece chipped off... Psh... Nothing more glitter can't fix!)

The result:
And that's with no filter added! I love them! So fun and bright 

No comments:

Post a Comment