Friday, June 15, 2012

Apple Pie for Breakfast..!?

This morning, I think I created my best pancake recipe yet.

The fluffiest, most cinnamon-y, low-calorie, high-nutrient apple pie pancakes! Of course I had to get some extra protein in by having my (in)famous egg substitute protein and veggie scramble alongside.

These pancakes were another on-the-spot recipe of mine... And I was actually surprised by the result!

It was a good surprise, though.

I topped mine with natural peanut butter, apple slices, banana slices, cinnamon, granola, and a drizzle of light maple syrup. Perfect.
...But, I bet they would've tasted even more like apple pie if I topped them with extra creamy vanilla ice cream...
Dang it. Maybe next time...

Oh, and I also dipped them in some plain 0% Fage Greek yogurt! Made them even better!


Happy Friday, all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment