Thursday, July 19, 2012

Protein Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

I saw Hungry Runner had made Sally's "skinny peanut butter swirl brownies" the other day.
I love chocolate. I love peanut butter. I love food. So, I was pretty much destined to make them, too!

I changed up some ingredients (and some of the sizing amounts), added in some of my own ingredients, and pretty much came up with the best brownies I've ever made. (Well, at least from scratch!)

As if they didn't taste heavenly enough; they're nothing but good for you, too!
89 calories, 7g of protein, 3.5g of healthy fats... What more could you ask for in a delicious, SUPER peanut butter-y (I'm talking a layer of peanut butter) brownie?! And the serving is a pretty big brownie! (1/9th the recipe.)

Did I mention these are flour-less, too? Yep.

They looked really liquid-y, which made me super nervous at first... Then,
This came out. Perfect.
I put them in the fridge for a few hours to cool off (like Sally said she did), then cut them into 9 medium-sized/large-ish squares.
The bottom of these incredibly moist brownies was a layer of natural peanut butter.
A good layer.
Topped with powdered sugar to make 'em even better!
Ingredients:
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter - 380 calories, 14g protein, 28g fat
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage) - 65 calories, 11.5g protein
1/4 cup almond (or skim) milk - 20 calories
1 egg - 70 calories, 6g protein, 5g fat
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
4-5 sweetener packets
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
1.5 scoops milk chocolate protein powder - 188 calories, 31g protein
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick oats) - 150 calories, 5g protein

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Blend everything, aside from the peanut butter, in a blender (may turn liquid-y! Don't be alarmed).
Melt the peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave.
Pour your blended batter into an 8x8 baking sheet/tin. (Make sure to spray/grease it prior!)
Swirl in your melted peanut butter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
*Optional; refrigerate for 1-3 hours for easy cutting.

Thank you, Sally, for the inspiration! My mom loves them, and really wants me to make another batch... I ain't complaining!
I hope you guys enjoy these as much as we do... I never really post recipes, but I felt bad not posting it since quite a few people asked! Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment