Thursday, November 29, 2012

Snickerdoodle Protein Pancakes

Last pancake Saturday, I made one of my best pancake batches yet. And I've made a lot of pancakes.

Inspired by Heather and Katie and their recipes for snickerdoodle-inspired pancakes, I made snickerdoodle protein pancakes. Ooooh yes.

Look at that stack of healthy deliciousness.
When I have pancakes, I don't want 1. I don't want 2. I want a STACK of them

Ingredients:
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (you can sub with whatever flour you prefer)
1/8 cup (2 tbsp/half scoop) cinnamon roll (or vanilla) protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp (heavy dash) cinnamon
1 packet of Stevia/sweetener
1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 egg white (this is actually optional and just for added protein. You can omit it and just add more milk)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
tiny pinch of salt (don't omit!)

Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients completely.

Stir in wet.

Cook on medium/high heat. Flip halfway through (when it starts getting all bubbly!)

Enjoy with whatever you please!
 I recommend some peanut butter stuffed in between. But, when don't I?!
So. Freaking. Good.

Aside from peanut butters, I stuffed mine with plain Greek yogurt mixed with milk chocolate protein powder, and topped them with gingerbread "sauce" made with unsweetened almond milk + a sprinkle of gingerbread flavored Duncan Hines Frosting Creations. (You would think I was sponsored by them because I rave about them so much... I'm not. Promise! )


9 comments:

  1. Thanx for your post, but i'm just telling you, protein powders are beneficial. They provide your body with protein that the food you eat may not be providing. healthgenie provides lots of health care & nutrition products at huge discount. you must take some proteins made buy vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back

    here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as

    much info as I can at the moment.
    Thanks for sharing.
    COMMODE STOOL

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Weighing Scale

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Weighing Scale Online

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thank you for the superb post!! I surely liked every bit of it. I’ve bookmarked your internet site so I can take a appear at the latest articles you post later on.
    Portable Commode Chair India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Tubular Ankle Support Elastic

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great site, all of the posts are so informative for people with disabilities. I liked it! I also have a blog/site about that covers wheelchair related stuff. Please feel free to visit. Thanks for sharing.
    Twin Earpieces For Siemens Pockettio
    Wholesale Scales
    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you - Just shared this post with a colleague who would benefit from reading this, really enjoyed it. buy supplements online india

    ReplyDelete