Monday, November 19, 2012

Gingerbread (Tea-Infused!) Cheesecake Protein Pancakes

What's your staple food/smell/flavor, now that it's the holidays? Pumpkin? Peppermint? ...Gingerbread?

If it's gingerbread, then you're in the right place because I have a recipe for gingerbread TEA-infused protein pancakes!

I never thought it was possible to make tea-infused pancakes... until I tried and succeeded! 

Oh, and what are they stuffed with, you ask?
Cheesecake pudding.
Ingredients:
Pancakes:
2 egg whites
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp dry oats, ground into flour (or just more regular flour)
1 tbsp cinnamon roll protein powder
1 packet of Stevia/sweetener
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/4 medium banana, mashed
1/4 cup gingerbread tea, steepened in 1/4 cup unsweetened almond (or any other non-sweet) milk
*optional: for a heavier/more distinct gingerbread flavor, you can sprinkle in 1/4 a packet of gingerbread flavored Duncan Hines Frosting Creations!*

Cheesecake filling:
a sprinkle of cheesecake (instant) fat-free/sugar-free pudding mix (I used Jell-O brand! I don't have an exact measurement because I just eyeballed it and put as much as I personally wanted... You do the same!)
2+ tbsp milk
*Refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight*

Directions:
Mix all the dry ingredients completely.

Stir liquid ingredients (including mashed banana) into dry, then stir again until completely mixed.

Cook on medium-low heat.

When done, layer with prepared cheesecake pudding, and whatever else your heart desires! I recommend some healthy chocolate sauce (splash of milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder or chocolate protein powder) on top.
*These come out pretty thin, but they also make 5-6 big pancakes! So worth the thinness!*
So. Good.

For all of September and October, my go-to flavor was pumpkin! I'm still in complete pumpkin-mode (I don't know if I ever won't be!), but I've been leaning more towards gingerbread lately... Seasonal flavors are the greatest thing! 

Inspiration for these pancakes came from the lovely Rungry Chef! Thanks, pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment