Friday, November 23, 2012

Calories don't count on Thanksgiving!

What?! Two "what I ate" posts in a ROW?!

That's right.

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Americans!

I'm so glad Jenn's letting us post double-the-fun this week! I'm excited to share some more little victories, and some good food with you all now! I'm that obnoxious overachiever that Jenn warned you all about. 


Let's start off with my night-before-Thanksgiving, shall we?
Holy. Homemade. Cookies.
I got to hangout with one of my all-time BEST BEST friends last night, for the first time in years...
 She has the same food/ED-related problems I do (literally the EXACT same aside from one thing), and we had THE greatest time just baking homemade cookies all night. Who needs alcohol when you have cookies?  While baking, I had 4-5 (PLUS dough!) since, you know, I was a taste tester and all! Hehe.
The amount I'm proud of myself for this little lame victory is incredible... Normal things like this usually stress me out so much. But I was so excited and willing to try them, without even worrying if the cookie was 100 or 200 or even 300 calories a piece. I liked that feeling. I missed that feeling. I didn't and still don't feel any bit of regret, nor do/did I feel “fat”. I just feel... normal, ya know? And free! Me and her are so much alike it’s ridiculous, and we both feel so much freer after challenging ourselves. It's so much easier to do when you have someone who knows EXACTLY what you're struggling with supporting you.
We made cinnamon chip oatmeal cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin white chocolate almond oatmeal cookies, and finally, snickerdoodles! Nearly 3 hours later, and they were all freaking amazing! Nothing beats a homemade, ""unhealthy"" cookie. Forrealsies!

Thanksgiving:
I actually woke up early no problem, around 7:20 am, despite getting home late and going to sleep at 1:30 am! So, I had a small pre-workout snack (un-pictured/uninteresting), then, I killed my workout!
I did Insanity Max Interval Circuit's warm-up, 2 ZWOW workouts, 1 BodyRockTV workout, and a short plank. I actually felt super body-positive this morning, which was super unexpected after last night. Despite my tummy ache, I was feeling amazing!
This... This beauty was my post-workout breakfast.
I made every one in my family an individual, personalized stuffed French toast.
Mine:
White Chocolate Wonderful, Dark Chocolate Dreams and Biscoff spread stuffed French Toast on 100% stone-ground whole wheat bread, stuffed with banana + shredded coconut + slivered almonds + cinnamon roll protein cream + cinnamon, topped with clean chocolate sauce + banana + a bit of shredded coconut + cinnamon + slivered almonds + some crushed cereal + a mini sprinkle of pumpkin flax & chocolate granola + a bit of maple syrup + powdered sugar.
Holy. Freaking. Deliciousness.

*Had an un-pictured, also uninteresting small apple + less than half a cookie... Hehe.*

THANKSGIVING DINNER! The best part!
Turkey (+ gravy), loads of vegetables, mashed cauliflower, mashed potatoes, stuffing (so addictive!), homemade sweet potato pie, and the EASIEST homemade whole wheat buttermilk biscuits!
I made a lot of this stuff on my own, and I am so proud of it! Everyone was happy and that proved success.
I also had about 4 servings and felt like I was gonna explode after. No regrets, though. No. Regrets.

Dessert-on-dessert-on-dessert.
I had so much dessert I can't even begin to explain. No regrets... again.
Cannoli "chips and dip", homemade cookies, frosted sugar cookies, brownies, white chocolate pudding pie, oreo pudding pie with an oreo crust, homemade pumpkin roll (SO good) with cream cheese, homemade pumpkin pie, and homemade s'mores pudding cake.

After dessert, I went back and forth with eating because I kept feeling on and off nauseous... and I really wanted to make the most of my Thanksgiving! 
Then, me and my cousin head out for our first Black Friday...
and boy, was it an experience...
We went to Target first, and it was absolutely RIDICULOUS! We ended up getting overwhelmed, buying nothing, and leaving...
We, then, went back to her house... ate a bit more leftovers (we clearly have a problem), then went to the mall and waited outside for almost an hour... Just to leave with one sweatshirt altogether! So not worth it!!
Why, you ask? Well... SHE MADE ME WAIT IN VICTORIA'S SECRET FOR FOR ALMOST TWO HOURS FOR THE THING! VS had terrible (and barely any) sales, yet they had more people inside than a club. It was overwhelming and just so uncomfortable. I wish I was exaggerating, too.
It was literally painful because I started feeling horribly nauseous and sick did way through, so I just sat in a random chair in there for an hour while bitching to my cousin how it's pointless waiting for one sweatshirt that had absolutely nothing significant to it! Haha. I got home around 2:30 am, and literally just got my pajamas on and went straight to bed, nauseous and all.
Never will I ever go out Black Friday shopping again... at least not with her!

But, this is how I spent my Thanksgiving...
And I hope you all did the same.

I hope you all had just as an amazing Thanksgiving as I had, and I hope you enjoyed every moment, every bite of food, and just everything about today in general! You all deserve it more than ANYTHING! 

P.S. A new theme for Life Like Fruit Salad is on its way!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment