Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fudgy Peanut Butter BLACK BEAN Brownies?!

I've seen people use black beans and chickpeas in baking a lot of times.

Recently, from a super sweet church, we were given free food to help us out. We got a few cans of black beans, and, since none of my family really likes them on their own, I decided I wanted to put them to use.

I've never been courageous enough to try them in a baking experiment... until today.

And boy, am I glad I did!

Clean Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
These should be dubbed as magic brownies for their incredible macros and flavor.
This recipe also came out to be 16-20 generously sized brownies. I was delightfully surprised!
{Recipe + directions adapted from here!}

Ingredients:
1 can (approx. 2 cups) black beans, drained
4 whole eggs
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup sugar substitute (Stevia, PureVia, Truvia, etc.)
1/2 medium super ripe banana
3 tbsp unsweetened all natural cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon
1-2 tbsp peanut butter/any other add-ins you want!


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F).

Lightly spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a blender or food processor, combine the black beans, eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar substitute, banana, cinnamon cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Process until completely smooth.

Pour your batter into the sprayed baking pan. Add in any extra add-ins you want.

(My peanut butter refused to melt, so little blobs of peanut butter it was!)

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Cut into 16 squares (more/less depending on your baking pan size), and enjoy these babies in all their glory! I recommend topping them with sifted powdered sugar... makes them even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment