Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday #16 - Peanut Butter & Co. Obsessed

W.T.F! I feel like I JUST wrote up and posted WIAW #15!! These days/weeks are flying by way. too. fast.
Anywaaaaaaays...
I'd like to start off this WIAW saying I haven't obsessively counted calories (nearly at ALL!) in DAYS... I've been eating intuitively, and only when I'm truthfully hungry, and I feel so good about myself. It can only go up from here... Right?

... Let's hope so! 

In the past week, I've overcome some struggles (mostly OCD related), watched tons of YouTube videos, ate tons of yummy foods, and got myself a new job at Aeropostale!
I've also done some shoppin' with my lovely momma, where I got four pairs of skinny jeans which I am obsessed with! (Yay for sales!!)
(I also got two plain t-shirts... which were marked down and buy one, get one free!, a new workout water bottle from Victoria's Secret which I adore, and free panties from VS, as well!)

The mint ones are actually two sizes smaller than my normal size, and they just fit, buuuut I was too obsessed with them to pass them up! (Hey, at least they fit!)
I love back-to-school shopping. And I love that I bought most of my back-to-school clothes myself instead of bothering my mom. It makes me feel good. And responsible!

Oh, and speaking of back-to-school... my last first day of school (aside from college) is in just two weeks from today... So weird. So, so weird.

Okay, let's move on to what you all are really reading this post about; the foodz!
Gracias, Jenn, for hosting WIAW as always! Xo

8/15/12 (and every other night...) Snack: my go-to nighttime snack; lots and lots of popcorn!
I always like to have my popcorn with cut up fruit on the side. I love the salty and sweet combo.
8/16/12 - Breakfast: Biscoff cookie spread & banana protein pancakes with an egg white scramble on the side!
8/16/12 - Snack: this is what happens when you come inside from tanning, feel hungry, and see a bowl of veggies... You make YOURSELF a bowl of veggies while your little sister eats the one you first eyed!
I added in some Chobani plain Greek yogurt & some ranch powder (and garlic salt), and used a broken wheat cake (Magic Pop<3) to eat! This is what I call a quick homemade “chips and dip”. Delicious!
8/17/12 - Breakfast: my first time trying out stovetop oatmeal... It's amazing how much better it tastes made on the stovetop rather than in the microwave!
Chocolate peanut butter protein egg white oatmeal with granola + random cerealz I was craving + a mini banana (LOVE them! Haha) + plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + melted Biscoff spread & white chocolate peanut butter on top... all inside the bestest mug of all time!
8/17/12 - Lunch: balanced, healthy, mindful lunch.
Sometimes, pizza happens. And sometimes... AKA anytime... That's okay! Food is food, and ALL food has SOME source of energy! Plus, my momma bought this grilled chicken and tomato (and I THINK bacon?!) pizza, with intentions that I'd love it, so how could I pass that up!? Oh, and the cheesy bread that she got had spinach and feta (and some other cheese?) inside it, and again, she bought it with intentions that I'd like it, too! And... It's safe to say I did. Hehe. (She was also really proud of me for actually branching out and eating something different and "unhealthy". Love her.)
8/18/12 - Breakfast: ah, this breakfast was perfect for the rainy, breezy, fall-like summer morning.
Stovetop apple cinnamon protein egg white oatmeal with pumpkin flax granola + cinnamon cerealz + apple slices + plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + melted Biscoff cookie spread. (That spread melts PERFECTLY!)
8/19/12 - Breakfast: one of my best ideas yet; oats in a Marshmallow Fluff jar!
  Chocolate banana & strawberry protein egg white stovetop oatmeal with pumpkin flax granola + a few Cinnamon Toast Crunch squares + banana & strawberry slices + cinnamon + melted Biscoff spread (and the tiniest bit of dark chocolate peanut butter).
The warm oats melted the marshmallow and made it all gooey and delicious. I recommend ya'll trying this out for yourself to see what I mean! (Even adding 1-2 tbsp to your warm oats will give you a same-ish effect... Do. It.)
8/20/12 - Breakfast: the smallest pancakes ever! Haha.
Cinnamon raisin swirl & banana oat healthy protein pancakes with a strawberry & banana white chocolate peanut butter egg white scramble on the side! (I love sweet eggs!)
So glad I finally found Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter! 160 calories for 2 tbsp, and freakin' amazing!
P.S. I'm literally obsessed with Peanut Butter & Co. I. Need. More. Flavors!
Craft of the Day...!? 8/20/12
I've been wanting to try to fringe my own shirts for forever now, and I finally worked up the courage to try... And I think I did pretty well, no?! I used my old XL 30 Seconds To Mars shirt (I'm a size small now, and this shirt is nearly two years old), and I really like the result of it! My mom loves it, too, and she really wants me to make more! Haha. So simple and fun... I love it! (I'll post a DIY post dedicated to this soon!) 
8/21/12 - Breakfast: literally one of the greatest things to ever enter my body.
 Yes, again, OIAJ! BUT, keep in mind I share my peanut butters with my whole family, and my mom and sister use a lot of it when they do have it! (And they have at least one serving a day each, haha.) So, all of these empty jars are not only my doing!! I promise I’m not THAT addicted...! Hehe.
Banana bread egg white stovetop #oatmeal with pumpkin flax granola + some delicious ass random cerealz + banana slices + a bit of plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + melted Biscoff spread, all inside a nearly-empty White Chocolate Wonderful jar. Heaven in a jar.
8/21/12 - Lunch: my sandwich was too pretty to not photograph, so I just HAD to do so! Haha.
Multi-grain sandwich thin containing light cheese spread + spinach + the BEST deli turkey + pickles + tomato + yellow pepper + spicy mustard + lettuce.
On the side, I had a mini bowl of mixed veggies with garlic salt, some grilled chicken, and steamed fresh veggies with plain Greek yogurt + ranch powder!
Kept me full for nearly 5 hours! Nom nooooooooom!
8/22/12 - Breakfast: OIAJ day 2... Again, all of these empty jars are not just my doing!! I promise! Haha. My little sister is even more addicted to Biscoff spread than I am, and she's been having a lot more than me!
But, I gladly took the jar for my post-workout breakfast this morning... 
Chocolate almond protein egg white {stovetop} oats with pumpkin flax granola + super yummy random cerealz + banana slices + a bit of plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + a tiny bit of melted white chocolate peanut butter... All inside a lovely, nearly-empty Biscoff cookie spread jar.
{Currently nommin' this at the moment!}

Oh, and I forgot to say what beautiful creation I found at Big Lots for only $2.50...
Yes. You read that right.
Pumpkin flax granola.
The serving? 1/2 cup for 220 calories. (Which is A LOT of granola! I don't even use that much! Haha.)
All natural.
All delicious.
And most importantly: all for $2.50!

Workouts can be found here, as usual! And, in the meantime... You should all follow me on Instagram since I'm quite obsessed and post way too often! 

Happy WIAW... and Wednesday in general!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Fresh Finds brand at Big Lots! That calorie count is insanely good. Looks that you had really good balance with all of your eats. And balance is what life's about! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%! Big Lots is so awesome! :)
      And thanks love! You are exactly right! <3

      Delete