Sunday, February 24, 2013

I'm Coo-Coo for Coconut!

So, recently, I became obsessed.

With COCONUT!

I know I'm kind of late on this train, but coconut is just SO. FLIPPIN. GOOD! And the smell... ooooooh the smell! Don't even get me STARTED on that!


Since my recent coconut addiction has risen, I began baking and experimenting with it all that I could. One of my favorite things yet, was my spin on Jamie Eason's cinnamon swirl protein bread!

Those things are delicious on their own, but with coconut? Words. Can't. Even. Explain.

It's kind of hard to believe how nutritious these babies are...

Ingredients:
1/3 + 1/2 cup sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups oat flour
2 scoops cinnamon roll protein powder (can use vanilla)
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2-3 heaping tbsp apple sauce (can use mashed banana)
1/4 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
1 tsp coconut extract
2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
1 tbsp baking powder


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In small bowl combine/mix together 1/3 cup sweetener + 1 tsp cinnamon + a generous handful of shredded coconut. This is for the topping.

Now in a large bowl combine, combine 1 1/2 cups oat flour (just plain oats, ground in a blender until flour-y texture) + 2 scoops protein powder + 1 tbsp baking powder + salt + 1/2 cup sweetener + 1/4 cup shredded coconut.

In another small bowl combine the 2 egg whites + 1 cup unsweetened almond milk + apple sauce + coconut extract. Add to larger bowl.

When done mixing everything, pour into a sprayed 8x8 pan. Sprinkle on the cinnamon-sugar-coconut topping.

Bake for 24 minutes.


I hope you guys try this and don't kill me because of how addictive they are! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment