Monday, February 25, 2013

How Marvelous is YOUR Monday?

Hello, lovelies!
I've got some somewhat exciting news...

I'm joining in on the "Marvelous in My Monday" fun! 

Not only is it hosted by one of my favorites, Katie @ Healthy Diva Eats, but it's also an amazing message. Positivity has brought such great things to my life, and I'm happy to share some in the beginning of the week when EVERYONE needs it most!

So, without anymore procrastination...


1.
This past Friday, we celebrated the 12th year since my little sister's birth! It was a lovely day for her, and I'm so happy she's happy. She's autistic, and her and my mom are my best friends. 

We went to Friendly's for her birthday dinner, and I got some honey barbecue breaded chicken strip sandwich with fries. It was good, but nothing too special... The appetizer was the most exciting part, actually! ("Loaded" waffle fries -- cheese, bacon... Could you ask for any better?!) Next time I go out to eat, I want it to be something to write home about! 

2.
A few days ago, I decided to suck up the fact if I want to go to prom with a guy not from my school, I have to ask HIM!
... And he said yes!  Who said guys have to always make the first move?
He also said he wants to go as dates, which made it even better! 
(Btw, he's not as tool-ish as he sounds... I promise! Haha. He's actually probably the sweetest guy I've ever met, and my mom can back me up on that! I met him before I started working at Rite Aid, since that's where he works/worked, and he was always SO talkative and nice! Now that I actually work there, we're close and I love it! I'm so excited for prom now, and I'm not one to go to school dances!)

3.
I also got a new whey protein powder this weekend...
This is my new babe. We are in love.
100 calories + 24g protein per scoop... and it actually tastes like cookies and cream.
*Drools*

4.
I then created some cookies and cream protein cake with said whey.
Along with the fluffiest version of my peanut butter fudge black bean brownies, and some cinnamon-almond swirl protein cake. I love baking. Especially nutritious baking. Both cakes inspired by my recent favorite -- ffcoconut-cinnamon swirl cake!

5.
Along with my whey, I also got a few more goodies!
- Target floral jeans for $6.88 on sale (originally $22.99!)
- PB2
- Gum
- and, of course, even more yogurt... I go through at least 2 of those containers a WEEK!


And... that's about it for my first MIIM!! Yay! Today was a lovely day, and I'm excited for the rest of the week because I'm going to STAY POSITIVE! And I hope you're all gonna do the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment