Thursday, October 18, 2012

Strong is the New Skinny

I remember my desire to be skinny. My desire to have showing hipbones, collarbones, and a thigh gap you could drive a car through.

I'm not that person anymore. Those aren't my desires anymore. Yeah, I'm still struggling with body image, restrictive/disordered thoughts/habits, and whatever else... But, I know for a fact that the person I once was, I won't be again. I want to be strong. I want to be fit. I want to be able to flex and have muscle... not bone and nothing more. (That's not attractive, nor is it comfortable...) What is a body without any structure? Not a body, that's for sure.

My newest obsession, and "fit-spiration", is Zuzana Light.
Zuzana is a fitness personality, most known for her killer workouts on Body Rock TV! She's actually co-founder of BRTV (my other new obsession!), and she's just... beautiful. Inside and out. She has a lovely personality, and her videos are beyond motivating! She's SO strong, and it's nice to see a girl like her. A girl who's not afraid to have muscles, and to push herself. A girl who strays away from cardio sometimes and does tons of strength and HIIT (high-intensity interval training). Some of her "ZWOWs" are even harder than some Insanity videos... and, if you've even attempted Insanity, you'd KNOW those are pretty darn hard themselves! During one of her videos today, my heart-rate reached higher than ever before!

My current favorite ZWOWs:

ZWOW #1
ZWOW #14 (this one might actually kill you)
ZWOW #32 "Show Me Your Strength"
 ZWOW #34 "Beg For It To End"
ZWOW #37 "Just Add Water!"

Are you apart of the warriorZ? Or are you a bodyrocker? Who's your favorite "trainer"? (I'm stuck between Zuzka and Shaun T!)

No comments:

Post a Comment