Sunday, October 28, 2012

Almond Joy Protein Pancakes with Pumpkin Protein Cream

Phew! That was a long title!

But, like it reads, this blog is gonna be dedicated to a recent breakfast recipe I've created; Almond Joy (inspired) protein pancakes with pumpkin protein cream. I know the combination sounds weird, but trust me on this one! I wouldn't steer you guys wrong!

I used to put so much effort into my breakfasts, but lately, especially since school restarted, I've been just sticking to creative-ish, nut butter-filled oatmeals, but I've been loving trying new pancakes every Saturday... Otherwise known as PANCAKE SATURDAY!

Ingredients:
Pancakes - Dry:
1/4 cup dry oats
1/2 scoop (about 2 tbsp) milk chocolate protein powder
1/2 tbsp unsweetened all natural cocoa powder
pinch of salt
cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet of PureVia/Stevia/sweetener
shredded coconut, as much as you want
slivered almonds, as much as you want
optional: sprinkle of (about 1/4 package) chocolate almond Frosting Creations

Pancakes - Wet:
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 large ripe banana
1/2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt

Pumpkin Protein Cream:
2 tbsp canned pure pumpkin puree
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon roll protein powder
1 packet of PureVia/Stevia/sweetener
dash of cinnamon

Directions:
In a blender (or food processor), blend your oats with about 1 tsp shredded coconut and a pinch of cinnamon until they're a flour-y consistency.

In a bowl, combine all other pancake ingredients completely, aside from your coconut and almonds. When done combining, stir them in.

While your pancakes are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the pumpkin cream.

When done, top your pancakes with everything.
And I meant everything

No comments:

Post a Comment