Friday, October 12, 2012

Healthy Reese's Cake... for One?

I know I just posted more clean microwave desserts yesterday... But, last night, I created what I'd consider my best microwave dessert yet, and I couldn't wait any longer to post about it! I remade it tonight and used three different kinds of peanut butters. I'm addicted and I don't even mind it! It came out extra good tonight, though... I don't know if it was the pumpkin pie ice cream or the sliced apple with it, but it was incredible.

It's even better than it looks. That's a promise.
(I forgot to add baking powder when making it the first time, therefore it rose oddly. Oopsies!)

Ingredients:
1 tbsp dry oats
1/2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 packets of Stevia/sweetener
1 egg white
1 tbsp almond milk
dash of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp milk chocolate protein powder
1/5 overripe banana, mashed
1 tbsp pure canned pumpkin puree (doesn't provide flavor, but makes it moist and fluffy and perfect!)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp (or more) nut butter of choice (I used a bit of Biscoff, White Chocolate Wonderful, AND Planter's banana nut granola!)
optional sprinkle of granola (recommended!)

Directions:
Mix everything incredibly well, then pour into a mug.
Stuff your peanut/nut butter the best you can into the mix. Top with a sprinkle of granola, if wanted. (I recommend it! It gave mine an awesome textured bottom!)
Microwave for 2 minutes...
*99.9% chance yours will have rose normal if you added baking powder. Mine did today! Haha.*
Top with ALL THE THINGS! Including even more nut (or cookie) butter when it's still warm so it melts off and makes a wonderful gooey mess surrounding it. I also recommend eating it with clean or not-so-clean pumpkin/pumpkin pie flavored ice cream or frozen yogurt. They go hand-in-hand.
Trust me.

Are you guys sick of my microwaved, clean desserts yet? Because I'm not. And I may continue to post them as often as I am. Depends how creative I can get! Hahah. I hope you all are enjoying them, though, and aren't too annoyed of them yet! I'll try some other recipes out soon... Promise!

P.S. I know this isn't necessarily packed with protein, but you can of course compromise and use JUST protein powder, or add even more! Do whatcha please and experiment for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment