Sunday, December 30, 2012

Take 2 Fudgy Peanut Butter Black Bean Brownies

So, who actually remembers a month ago when I posted a recipe for one of my weirdest recipes yet; fudgy black bean brownies?

Well, today, I went on a baking kick, and I decided to remake those brownies... But with some adjustments!

Last time I made these, they weren't as sweet as I expected them to be because I had to use less sugar substitute. (My recipe says 1 cup, but I only used 1/2-3/4 cup.) This time... I added PB2! What is PB2, you ask? PB2 is peanut butter, but in powdered form, with 85% less calories and fat. It's almost like a flour, and you can add it to whatever you want! It's quite awesome.

I actually just recently ordered it on Friday from Amazon... and I received it on Saturday!! How? I have no idea... The company isn't located in my town or state, and I didn't even pay for fast shipping! So weird, but I ain't arguing it! 

But, anyways, the peanut butter fudge black bean brownies I made today are out-of-this-world awesome. Honestly some of the best brownies I've EVER had!

Ingredients:
2 cups (1 can/1.75 cups) cooked black beans, drained
2 whole eggs
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water -- let sit for 5 minutes... or just 2 more whole eggs)
1 tbsp canola (or vegetable, coconut or olive) oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar substitute
1/2 medium-sized banana
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp chocolate PB2
1/2 tbsp plain PB2 (or just 1 full tbsp of either one)
optional: 1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Dreams (or any other kind; adds sweetness and more peanut butter flavor!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon
a few mini chocolate chips! (optional but totally recommended! You can also use carob or cacao)

1.5 tbsp chocolate PB2 + 1-2 tbsp water swirled on top

Directions:
Blend all ingredients, aside from the last 1.5 tbsp of PB2, in a blender until COMPLETELY smooth.

When smooth enough, pour into a sprayed/greased 8 x 8 (or 13 x 9/etc.) baking pan.

Swirl prepared 1.5-2 tbsp chocolate PB2 on top. Also, add in some nuts, shredded coconut, or chocolate chips for extra goodness.

Bake for 27-30 minutes at 350 degrees.


This makes a big batch of about 16-20 brownies, and they're all decently-sized and 100% delicious.

PB2 is my newfound love.

P.S. I also made Chocolate Covered Katie's cream cheese stuffed cinnamon sugar "pillow" cookies... and WOW are they delicious! Too bad they come out to be so tiny! I definitely will double (or triple) the ingredients next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment