Saturday, December 8, 2012

On the 8th day of Christmas...

(...I mean December...)
Alissa came back to the blogger world and posted 2 protein pancake recipes! 

Ah, yes, my pancake obsession has made a comeback! I have no complaints. I love breakfast.

Tiramisu Protein Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (you can use whatever flour you want)
1 tsp instant coffee
1/4 package mocha flavored Duncan Hines Frosting Creations (optional, for extra mocha flavor)
1/2 scoop (about 2 tbsp) cinnamon roll protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
2 packets of sweetener
1/4 cup (or more, for thinner pancakes) unsweetened almond milk (can sub for brewed coffee, for a stronger coffee flavor)
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

"Sweet Cream" filling:
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 banana, mashed and melted for :30
2 packets of sweetener
sprinkle of mocha flavored Duncan Hines Frosting Creations (optional again)

sifted unsweetened cocoa powder + Stevia/sweetener for dusting on top

Directions:
Combine all dry ingredients.
Stir in wet.
Cook on low-medium heat.
Stuff.
Enjoy.

Christmas "Green Monster" Protein Pancakes!
Ingredients:
1 cup fresh spinach
1/3 banana
1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
--------------------------------------------
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (you can, again, use whatever flour you want!)
1.5-2 tbsp milk chocolate protein powder (or whatever protein powder you prefer)
1 packet of sweetener
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder

2 egg whites
1/8 cup (or more, for thinner pancakes) unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Red filling:
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt mixed with a sprinkle of cherry vanilla Duncan Hines Frosting Creations (*you can also use melted/defrosted cherries or strawberries, or just red food coloring! Or maybe even beet puree?)


Directions:
Blend spinach, Greek yogurt, and banana.
Mix all dry ingredients.
Stir in wet (including spinach puree).
Cook.
Stuff.
Top.
Enjoy.

Simplicity at its finest, no? 

I hope you guys enjoy and make these yourself! The tiramisu protein pancakes were inspired by the lovely Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli, as per usual! Love her!

P.S. Sorry for being so MIA lately! I'm very sad I couldn't post a WIAW this week, but with work and school, I've been SO busy! Especially since, when I do work, it's for 6-8 hours on end... then I normally come home and sleep, depending on the day and time! At least my coworkers are super tolerable... as well as my job itself! (Though, being in Rite Aid from 3-9:30 pm after a nearly 6 hour school day does kinda suck... but, I do try to make the most of it!)
P.P.S. I will admit I have never had actual tiramisu in my life... BUT, after quite a few searches on it, I came up with the recipe above... And they were delicious! Feel free to modify them to your likings, and let me know if you try them at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment