Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Best Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes

So, tonight, I made breakfast-for-dinner for my family. Which, on its own, makes for a fabulous dinner any day!
But, while I made them plain & chocolate pancakes (from box mix) with a side of cheesy eggs, this is what I made myself:
Cinnamon pumpkin spice pancakes with a beautiful egg white scramble.

Now, I've made pumpkin pancakes lots of times before tonight... But, they've always seemed to come out either super small, or super thin... almond under-cooked. (Not that they were bad necessarily, they just weren't as enjoyable as an actual pancake should be!)

I don't really know what I did differently tonight... But I'm glad I did it!

Low Calorie, Super Healthy Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Ingredients (serves 1):
DRY:
2 tbsp dry oats (I used old fashioned)
1.5 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
small dash of salt
a few generous dashes of cinnamon
dash of pumpkin pie spice
a generous dash of nutmeg
1 packet of Stevia
sprinkle of brown sugar

WET:
2 generous tbsp pure canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
1 egg white
splash of almond milk (about 1-2 tbsp total, just eye-ball it)
1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt (optional, but I'd definitely add in a spoonful of some type of yogurt!)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, any which way and any order you please.
Heat your skillet or pan to a medium to high heat.
Spray or grease it so the pancakes don't stick. (Do NOT forget to do this step! They might stick horribly if you do!)
Once mixed through thoroughly, add in a spoonful of your pancake mix. Let cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip. Make sure to not flip too early, or too quick, so your pancakes stay in one beautiful piece!

Once done, serve with whatever toppings you want, and enjoy your plate-of-fall!  I must say, immediately topped with Biscoff spread (so it melts), banana slices, granola, maple syrup and cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice made for a sinfully healthy and delicious meal!

P.S. If you're worried about calories, the pancakes themselves should equal out to about 110 calories more or less, with both healthy carbs and proteins!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment