Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fall-like Mornings

You know what's almost as good as fall? Fall-like summer mornings!

This morning, it was beautiful out. And it still is, at 12:30 pm!

I woke up early, ate a small post-workout snack, worked out and burned 541 calories (woo!), then made myself a delicious fall-y breakfast!
Pumpkin cookie protein egg white {stovetop!} oatmeal with pumpkin flax granola + two random cereals + baby banana slices + a bit of plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + melted Biscoff spread... all inside a nearly-empty Cinnamon Raisin Swirl jar...
So. Freaking. Good. OIAJ are always a good choice, especially post-workout!
Oh, and the pumpkin puree nearly doubled my oatmeal in size, which is awesome!
(Btw, one day I will purchase an actual camera to take decent pictures...)

Pumpkin cookie protein oatmeal is probably my new favorite oatmeal! It's thick, creamy, healthy, and actually taste like it's name! Recipe following...
Pumpkin Cookie Protein Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1/3-1/2 cup dry oats
1/4 cup (or 2 generous tbsp) pure canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup almond (or any type of) milk (... or just more water!)
2 egg whites
1/4 scoop cinnamon roll protein powder (optional!)
dash of cinnamon
dash of salt
slight dash of nutmeg
dash of pumpkin pie spice
dash of brown sugar
1 packet of Stevia/sweetener
1/2 tsp butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 spoonful of Biscoff creamy spread, or Trader Joe's Speculoo Cookie Butter

Directions:
Mix all your ingredients, aside from the cookie butter, thoroughly.
Cook for 3-5 minutes (or whenever done).
Once it's done cooking, immediately stir in a generous spoonful of cookie butter.
Let cool, top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!

I used the microwave the first time, because I had school that morning, but this recipe is stovetop-friendly, too! (Considering I made it stovetop this morning...)

I love fall and I love pumpkin everything!!  I can't wait until it's actually fall... I've been pretending for too long now! Haha.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment