Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yes, they exist.

I know what you're all wondering... Alissa, WHAT exists?!

Well, my lovelies, clean cream cheese filled cinnamon sugar cookies is what exists.


Inspired by a Chocolate Covered Katie and Skinny Taste recipe, I came up with these 65 calorie fiber-rich, simple, healthy beauties.

But, before I get onto the recipe, I'm sure you're all wondering why I actually remade Katie's recipe.
And that's simply because, even though her recipe is incredible (like all of her others!), they came out to be super tiny... and I mean like, half-the-size-of-my-palm tiny! I don't know if I did something wrong or if they're just supposed to be that small, but I felt like they needed a bit of a boost!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar (Stevia or any other type of regular white sugar or sugar substitute would work)
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 egg white
2 tbsp mashed banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
cinnamon and sugar, for rolling

Cream Cheese filling:
2 tbsp light cream cheese
2 tsp powdered (confectioners) sugar

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350°F.

In one bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir.

In another bowl, whisk the sugars, egg white, mashed banana and vanilla together until fluffy.

Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. Add bits of water until it looks and feels completely like cookie batter (and less crumbly-like).

Now mix together the cream cheese filling.

Roll your cookie dough into 12 balls, then lay on cookie sheet. Smoosh them down with the palm of your hand, then add in about 1 tsp (more/less) of the filling. Roll back up into a ball (it's okay if the filling comes out of the cookie dough a bit -- don't be alarmed!)

Roll each ball into a combination of cinnamon and sugar until covered with desired amount.

Bake for 10 minutes.

Check on the cookies after about 8 minutes. If they haven't expanded, smoosh them down with a fork until desired size. Bake for another 2-3 minutes. (Don't over-bake, though! You want these soft!)
Let cool for a few minutes before eating... then devour with no regrets

I hope you guys make these and enjoy them! Lots of people were asking me for the recipe on my Instagram, so I had to post it for y'all! Love you and thank you for the constant support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment