Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Right Way

It's a new year, and it's time for a life change.

I want to be stronger. I want to be happy. I want to be healthy. I want to be the best me I can be. Why do I let calories and macros control my thoughts? Why do I beat myself up over eating a 500 calorie meal, especially on a rest day? Why do I get anxiety on rest days, when I know I've earned them? Why do I do these things that make me miserable, if I want to be the best me I can be?

I just got done watching some Powercakes YouTube videos. Now, I knew I loved Kasey before finding her YouTube... but I've found a whole new world of respect for this lady.

Spotlight: Kasey AKA POWERCAKES!
The first video I watched was this near 34 minute video about her journey. Honestly, I could listen to Kasey talk forever! And that's saying something, since I can barely sit through an hour and a half movie... 

That video gave me so much hope. I sat through it, listened and took in every word, and felt a huge burst of reality and inspiration hit me. It gave me such a push of motivation that I was dying for. It gave me so much inspiration to push harder towards my goals, and more importantly to overcome these thoughts and habits I've been unfortunately struggling with for over a year now. If she could, I can. It's not worth giving up anymore. She struggled, and I struggle. The only difference is, she didn't give up. She changed because she came to the realization early enough that she had to. (I wish I was lucky enough to, as well!)

Kasey is one of the most inspirational human beings on this planet, and I'm positive loads of people will agree with me on that! She's a young, amazing girl fulfilling her dream and living her life the way she pleases. That's exactly what I want. She doesn't let the scale control her, and she doesn't diet. She doesn't even let calories burned or calories consumed bother her... And that's my goal.
Not only is Kasey incredibly inspirational, but she's also amazingly fit! She doesn't rely on the number on the scale to make her feel good, which is A+ awesome! Actually, every time I go to weigh myself and feel the unhealthy want to lose more weight, I legitimately always remind myself of that one time Kasey posted on Instagram saying she hadn't weighed herself in two years or so, yet she's so happy with her body... And that's amazing to me. Also, if I had a gym membership, you best know I'd be going to her for constant lifting help! (I can't wait till I can afford one! )

Oh, and on top of all of that, Kasey also makes amazing recipes! One of my favorites are her 3 ingredient pumpkin powercakes! Here's an example of one of the things she's created:
Would you ever believe that entire thing can be one servingAND it's loaded with nutrients?! That's Kasey's power pumpkin roll for ya!

Now, I just want to say that my goal is not to BE Kasey. My goal is to be like her. Her attitude, her passion, and her happiness are all unbelievably inspiring to someone especially younger than her (aka me! ), and I'm really thankful that she shares and helps so much with everyone on the internet AND in person! She strives for progress, not perfection, and that's the way to be. (And her video about not fearing fat is just as great as the 34 minute one!)

I just want to end this saying thank you to Kasey Powercakes for sharing her story and all of her photos, stories, recipes, workouts and life with us all! Thank you for inspiring me, and many other people, with everything you do! You are the definition of awesome, darling! Tomorrow is a new day and I am ready to push harder now. I've said it many times before, but this time I really do mean it. Thank you.

P.S. This is a new 'segment' to my blog I'd like to call 'spotlight'! Hope you enjoyed!  I plan on doing one of these 1-2 times every 1-2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment