Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday #28

Can you believe TOMORROW is THANKSGIVING already?! I CAN'T! Christmas is being seen everywhere... and I love it!
Then again, I see a little bit of Christmas everyday!
My grandma always believed you should leave a little bit of Christmas out throughout the entire year. I thoroughly agree, and that's exactly what I do! I leave my little tree up and my Rudolphs out all year long. To me, Christmas is the equivalent to happiness. I cannot WAIT to decorate on Friday!!!! 

Speaking of seeing Christmas, me and my mom recently went to Target...
... And it's safe to say we should not be allowed in Target, with money, around any type of holiday. Especially their $1 section. 

Oh, and one more thing before I get into this week's eats!
Say hello to my family's new/first adopted kitten, Landon! I'm in love with him. He's the sweetest cat ever and I'm so happy and grateful to have him now. Him and my pup are literally the most perfect pets!

Okay, okay, enough rambling! Onto some recent food adventures...

As always, thank you to Jenn for hosting WIAW! As a young foodie, I thoroughly love and appreciate it (and you, Jenn)! 
11/14/12 - Snack: fudgy black bean brownies with peanut butter. Sound disgusting, taste incredible!
I’m pretty sure these should be called ‘magic brownies’ because of their macros. We were given a few cans of black beans for free, and none of us really eat them and I wanted to put them to use. I’ve heard of using them in baking, but haven’t been courageous enough to try it... until this day! (And I'm so glad I did!)
I found a recipe and modified it a bit, to make some of the moistest and healthiest/cleanest brownies EVER. You would NEVER even consider the fact this was made FLOUR-LESS from BEANS! Without my added powdered sugar (hehe... I didn’t add quite enough sweetener and my momma LOVES powdered sugar), and with a bit of 100% natural peanut butter inside, they’re 57 calories with 3.25g protein & 2.25g completely healthy fats! Unbelievable. (Without PB, they’re 49 calories.) This batch made a bunch, too! Around 16-20 generously sized brownies.
11/14/12 - Snack: popcorn out of my new hot air popper! LOVE IT!!
11/15/12 - Breakfast: OIAJ never fail to make my day!
Pumpkin egg white oatmeal with chocolate granola + some cereal + banana slices + plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + some of a leftover black bean brownie + an extra splash of unsweetened Almond Milk, all inside a nearly-empty 100% natural peanut butter jar!
11/15/12 - Dessert/Snack: banana nut mug cake/muffin on top of a big sliced apple (plus a few banana slices) + chocolate granola + Kix cereal + a bit of a broken up black bean brownie and homemade almond milk cinnamon roll protein ice cream (with some sprinkles!), then all topped with peanut butter, cinnamon roll protein cream, and healthy chocolate sauce.
11/16/12 - Breakfast: can you say best healthy breakfast evahhhh?!
SUPER thick and fluffy banana cream pie egg white (+ some cinnamon roll protein) oatmeal with a “crust” made of 100% whole grain cereals + natural granolas + banana slices + plain Greek yogurt + some crumbs and broken up black bean brownie pieces, topped with peanut butters + banana slices + prepared vanilla pudding + a mini dollop of plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + a sprinkle of shredded coconut! Oh, and an extra splash of unsweetened Almond Breeze, as always!
Adding two egg whites to your #oats makes them magically 10x bigger and fluffier.
11/17/12 - Breakfast:really love pancake Saturday.
Gingerbread (tea-infused) cheesecake protein pancakes layered with Biscoff + prepared cheesecake pudding mix + warm cinnamon apple slices + a bit of chocolate granola & cereal, topped with light maple syrup & 100% clean and healthy protein chocolate sauce.
11/17/12 - Dessert/Snack: microwave chocolate (with some peanut butter...) cake topped with peanut butters, cinnamon roll protein cream, and gingerbread sauce on top of a chopped apple + pumpkin flax granola +some cereal + hot chocolate flavored Goldfish (only a few... TOO ADDICTIVE!) + homemade vanilla coconut almond milk ice cream.
11/18/12 - Breakfast: SUPER fluffy and thick gingerbread “cream” egg white/protein oatmeal/OIAJ with granola + cereal + banana slices + plain Greek yogurt + prepared vanilla pudding, all inside a nearly-empty Biscoff jar!
God, I love Biscoff spread so much.
11/19/12 - Breakfast: fluffy pumpkin egg white/protein oatmeal with 100% whole grains cereals + a bit of chocolate granola + banana slices + plain Greek yogurt + Dark Chocolate Dreams & White Chocolate Wonderful + clean chocolate sauce + a splash of unsweetened Almond Breeze, all inside a nearly-empty Marshmallow Fluff jar!
Oats in a Marshmallow Fluff jar are equally as delicious as in a peanut butter jar. I promise you now.
11/19/12 - Dessert/Snack: microwave cinnamon apple protein mug cake topped with lots of peanut butter + peppermint protein frosting (WAY too strong of a minty flavor... I’ll add less flavoring next time for sure), on top of sliced apples (+ few banana slices) + some cereals + homemade vanilla coconut almond milk ice  cream, alllll topped with clean chocolate sauce + shredded coconut.
11/20/12 - Breakfast: gingerbread cheesecake protein egg white oatmeal with a bit of chocolate granola + cereals + plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + a few slivered almonds + prepared fat-free/sugar-free cheesecake pudding (that came a bit too liquid-y... Oopsies!) + an extra dash of unsweetened Almond Breeze + White Chocolate Wonderful & Biscoff spread (more added after the picture!)
11/21/12 - Breakfast: delicious sweet potato pie protein egg white oatmeal with a mashed mini sweet potato + pumpkin flax granola + whole grain cereal + some Krave cereal for fun + banana slices + plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + #clean #chocolate sauce + shredded coconut + slivered almonds + White Chocolate Wonderful + a few mini marshmallows + an extra dash of unsweetened almond milk!
This was SO good! Let me know if you want the recipe!

Workouts of the Week:

all of my workouts can, as always, be found here or on my Instagram!

Here's two recent WODs:
The first one is featuring the ugliest and cheesiest smile because I had a good day that day. No shame.
The second one is featuring my new compression shorts I found in the little girl's clearance section at Target. They remind me of lemonade and I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment